We are continuing to closely monitor the global spread of the recent coronavirus and are coordinating with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as well as our local health department to ensure we are taking the necessary precautions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Chrysalis has over 20 years of experience caring for teenage girls and their families, and infection control is part of our everyday operations. Chrysalis maintains a rigorous Infection Control and Prevention Program, which is regularly updated to reflect current CDC guidance. As the landscape of this current health situation has been changing rapidly, we have implemented several measures to help protect our employees, families, students and the surrounding community:
- Postponing student home visits until further notice
- Postponing business travel for all Chrysalis employees until further notice
- Daily temperature checks of any employees and students who have traveled outside of Montana in the last 14 days
- Instructing team members to stay home if sick or experiencing virus symptoms and asking team members to self-quarantine in cases of possible exposure to infectious illness
- Screening all visitors for possible illness and recent travel
- Re-educating our team members and monitoring to ensure that community teams are following the standards in our evidence-based Infection Control and Prevention program, such as frequent hand washing, cleaning of high-touch surfaces and other recommended hygiene measures
- Preparing quarantine space should it be needed
Our team is working to maintain as much normalcy for our families and students despite this situation. School and therapy at Chrysalis are continuing in a normal fashion. We want to thank our employees, families and students for their cooperation, understanding and words of support in recent days. We care deeply for our students and we are grateful for the trust you continue to place in us each day!