Calendar & Events
Our curriculum is well rounded and robust, providing students the opportunity to gain from various experiences that greatly impact their development. Chrysalis is designed to ensure that students are engaged in learning both in and out of the classroom.
Academics take place year round at Chrysalis, with the summer months providing ample opportunity for unique elective course offerings. Student enrollments take place year round. The treatment team will create a custom plan for the a student’s transition, no matter the time of year.
- Fall Semester – late August to mid-January
- Spring Semester – mid-January to early June
- Summer – runs early June to August, dedicated to elective credit classes and extensive adventure activities
Monday – Thursday
7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. Get Ready/Chores
8:00 a.m. – 8:50 a.m. Breakfast
9:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. Seven 55-minute school periods and 45-minute lunch.
Daily courses offered:
- Study hall
- In addition, students earn credit for personal, family and group therapy, which appears on their transcript as “Personal Development”
5:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m. Once weekly:
- Individual therapy takes the place of one study hall
- Phone call with therapist, student and parents
- Meeting between student and academic advisor to ensure the student is making academic progress and is on track for graduation
- Assembly of entire school one period during the week to make decisions regarding group activities, general announcements, etc.
6:15 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Dinner and free time
7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Study hall led by a teacher at the school once weekly, and free time/at home study time other school nights (movie nights on weekends)
8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Evening chores, personal care and winding down for the evening
9:30 p.m. Bedtime
Friday – Saturday
- Adventure days! Activities are seasonal, and range from downhill skiing and snowboarding, hiking, biking, rafting, rock climbing, and overnight trips. Students are instructed by our experienced adventure staff, and the girls gain mastery in various activities by the end of each season
Relax, family time within student houses, extensively clean bedrooms and common areas, homework, executive function weekly preparation, house group.
Summer allows our students to experience unique and extended adventure trips, such as our annual school trip to Glacier National Park. We partner with the National Park Service to help maintain park trails, and of course complete incredible hikes! The adventure team also hosts several overnight raft and hiking trips. We welcome parents to join us for an adventure day!